Joey and I sat down on Sunday and TurboTaxedour W2's (and other forms.) Woot-woot, we're getting back a little money! Like last year, we plan to get a return on our return by "investing" in a house project (or multiples, depending on how we budget.)
Here are a few of my ideas:
- A new couch. Our current one is getting a bit worn, and the Ikea Kivik isn't a bank breaker update for our living room;
- I've been contemplating a glass front door for quite some time. I love the look;
- However, while I love the look of a glass front door, they don't feel quite as safe to me. I'm thinking that the addition of a sliding barn door may calm my nervousness and add a fun detail to the house;
- The gallery wall. Long overdue to be done;
- Our water meter was recently moved in our yard. To repair the dug up areas, the municipal crew put down a seed, which has turned into the most gorgeous grass. I'd love to cover our whole yard in such greeness;
- And the most practical idea, as far as a benefit to next year's taxes, is to have new insulation added to our little abode.
We've also discussed the idea of finally remodeling the guest bathroom, the last space of the 1945 side of our hometo be made over. However, we're not DIYers to that level, and we both worry that the project would cha-ching well beyond our return dollars...
That hasn't stopped me from pinning a few ideas though!