I've been wanting to try making fried green tomato BLTs for a while. This week, I finally bought the signature ingredient! Have you ever had this Southern speciality?
My dinner menu, grocery list, and cost totals for the week of July 1, 2012.
- Sunday: 80's movie night with Trevor and Sheena! We're having throwback Pizza Hut before we watch Robocop, which I've never seen.
- Monday: fried green tomato BLTs
- Tuesday: rubbed and glazed pork spareribs, Joey's potato salad, and cream soda floats with Joe and Jenn!
- Wednesday: Bruce and Annette's wedding!!
- Thursday: salmon with brown sugar and mustard glaze and balsamic bruschetta
- Friday: spaghetti
- green tomato- .86 cents
Total= .89 cents
- kaiser buns- $1.49
- cereal- $1.69
- six pack of roma tomatoes- $1.69
- bacon- $2.99
- tomato sauce- .29 cents
- a gallon of milk- $1.99
- loaf of french bread- $1.50
- bag of charcoal- $3.99
- spareribs- $11.54
- A&W cream soda- $1.50
- vanilla ice cream- $1.50
Grand Total= $32.12