After Joey and I watched the Oprah's "Favorite Things" special, I started thinking about my favorite things throughout 2012. So I put together a little list— even though I'm certain that I have forgotten items!
- A flannel button-up. Looks good on men, women, kids, everyone. And they only get better with age. I inherited one from circa the 1960's that is a favorite piece in my closet.
- Instagram! I've had so much fun "documenting" my adventures this year or, often, sneak-snapping Joey. Filters make memories prettier!
- I've never mentioned the make and model of car that Joey and I drive because I don't want to seem la-di-dah...But a little over a year ago, Joey and I became hybrid people. Our little CTis fun and techy and cool. Around $30 to fill up the tank, an average of 40+ miles per gallon. One of the best decisions that we've made.
- I've started using Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser in the past few months. Before, I kind of bounced around to different products, but now I'm set. I love the no fuss– no foam, no fragrance, and in simple bottle with a pump. And my skin feels soft and clean.
- Ooma! $3.76 a month for home phone.
- You're probably thinking, 'What is that blob?!' That would be goat cheese! Over the past year, Joey and I often have made a meal of a warm loaf of french bread, sliced deli meats, goat cheese, and wine. And, recently, I switched the ricotta for goat cheese in a lasagna rolls recipe. A new favorite dinner!
- I had some frustration with Netflix earlier this year, but I've settled down. That little red envelope has brought us so much delight. (The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, The Good Wife, Justified, etc.)
- Bravo is probably my favorite channel. I'm all about some Real Housewives of Beverley Hills, New York, and New Jersey. Rachel Zoe and Jeff Lewis also entertain the heck out of me.
- I wrote about my Ikea Mysa Ronn down comforter way back in January of 2011, but considering the fact that I declare "most comfortable bed ever!" every time I get under the covers, this piece deserves another mention.
- My Milk Toof makes me so happy.
- Killjoy T-shirt Company. I love Joey's love of this venture and adventure. And I wear my Gary Busey tee all the time for running errands.
I love online shopping, but I haaaate paying for shipping. I usually have luck finding a coupon code, but some sites have a spend $___ level and, me being me, I obsess focus on hitting that mark as close as possible. On Target.com, the magic number is $50.
So, for fun, I spent a lazy Sunday afternoon putting together $50 Target outfits...
The first one. I would wear something like this to the office.
Two. Office adorable or running errands cute.
Three. A Holiday party that doesn't require sparkles and glitter.
And four. Pre-planning for 2013 summer soirees.